For the treatment of immature and mature stages of roundworms: bloodworms (large strongyles), redworms (small strongyles), ascarids, oxyurids and strongyloides of horses.
Each ml of paste contains 0.187 gram of fenbendazole.
- Treatment of infections with small and large strongyles, ascarids, Oxyuris spp. and Strongyloides spp. species.
- Can also be used for treatment of horses with immature and migrating strongyles infections.
- The standard dose is a single dose 7.5 mg/kg, which is equal to 1 syringe of 20 ml per 500 kg bodyweight.
- In case of infection with migrating larval stages of large strongyles, or encysted mucosal stages of small strongyles, the standard dose of 7.5 mg/kg should be given for 5 consecutive days.
- In cases of diarrhoea in 2-3-week-old suckling foals, caused by Strongyloides westeri, the dose should be 50 mg/kg, which is equal to 1 syringe of 20 ml per 75 kg bodyweight.
Method of administration
By the oral route.
- Dispose of all empty syringes according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other purpose.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNINFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure there of may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE – USE ONLY AS DIRECTED
- The syringe is graduated with 6 markings. Each marking corresponds to a dosage for 100 kg body weight.
- Before administration, the syringe should be adjusted to the calculated dosage by setting the ring on the plunger.
- Ensure that the horse does not have food in its mouth.
- Insert the syringe in the gap between the front and back teeth and deliver paste onto the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.
Cartons with 1 or 20 syringes containing 20 gram of paste each.
At room temperature.
Panacur Paste can be used in pregnant animals.